Lightyear has entered into a strategic partnership with Sage to integrate its accounts payable automation software with Sage’s Business Cloud Accounting and Intacct offerings.
“At Lightyear, partnerships are a fundamental aspect of the business. Partnering with Sage is an extremely important part of our future and our success,” said Kenny Galloway, Head of Strategic Partnerships at Lightyear EMEA.
“We operate in the same verticals and have similar plans for growth across the [UK and Ireland]Australia, South Africa and North America.
“We’ve developed our integrations with Sage Intacct and Sage Business Cloud Accounting to provide combined benefits that reinforce the value our joint customers will get from using our products together.”
This collaboration makes Lightyear one of Sage’s preferred partners for accounts payable automation, meaning its customers using Sage Intacct will benefit from a range of combined features.
The combination of these features will also help organizations reduce manual processing time and costs by up to 80%.
Additionally, the partnership will offer 100% accurate data extraction for every item to ensure the highest quality data is passed to Sage Intacct’s reporting engine.
This is accomplished by using AI in conjunction with data mining technology (using OCR as a backup).
Other exclusive cross-platform benefits include:
- Sage Intacct receives a copy of all Lightyear invoices as a PDF and link rather than jpeg images
- Lightyear enabling Sage Intacct to instantly and automatically reconcile vendor statements
- Be able to match supplier documents in seconds instead of days by ingesting information from Sage Intacct PO into Lightyear, ensuring extremely accurate matching of 3-way line items
- Reduced duplicate work with Lightyear integration, allowing all correct tax/GST codes to be used in Lightyear and transferred correctly to Sage Intacct
- Using Lightyear’s user interface to view and validate all financial data and coding in one place, reducing the time spent moving between different screens
Joint customers will also benefit from offerings such as automatic price verification, supplier and inventory management, duplicate flagging and a sophisticated document archive.
Lightyear says its human-centric approach to customer service and support is an important factor in its global success, as it provides customers with free, live, 24/7 support with teams locations in the UK and Australia available by chat, email and phone.
The companies also say the mutually beneficial partnership will provide customers with unique and flexible Accounts Payable and Purchase Order Automation offerings at an affordable cost.
“We are always on the lookout for quality solutions that Sage Intacct customers can use to improve their operational and financial performance,” said Melody Williams, vice president of sales, strategy and operations, Sage Intacct.
“Lightyear offers a fantastic mid-range solution with smart integration that adds power and value to Sage Intacct customers.
“We look forward to working closely with Lightyear in the months and years to come.”